Author Topic: Why do I have diarrhea every time I eat pineapple?  (Read 1619 times)

Rasel Ali

• Administrator
  • Trust Your Strength It Will take U Toward Success
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil Hospital
Why do I have diarrhea every time I eat pineapple?
« on: December 06, 2022, 11:51:19 PM »
Pineapple is a nutritious and delicious tropical fruit that contains almost all the vitamins and 16 kinds of natural minerals that the body needs.Ripe pineapples also contain small amounts of bromelain, which most fruits do not contain. Bromelain is widely used in the pharmaceutical industry, it can inhibit the growth of tumor cells, and prevent and treat cardiovascular diseases.

Bromelain can also help relieve a variety of inflammatory conditions and is beneficial and harmless to most people. However, some people's gastrointestinal tract does not have the function of breaking down bromelain, so it is easy to produce an intestinal immune response, which can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms.

It is recommended to Soak the Pineapple in Salt Water for 30 Minutes before eating. The saltwater can not only lessens the astringent taste but also destroy the bromelain.

Brine-soaked pineapples are safe to eat without causing gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea and abdominal pain.

Source;https://www.quora.com
BR
Rasel Ali